[Qgis-user] Preconfiguration of QGIS installations, e.g. WMS Servers

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 9 07:24:34 PST 2011

 Interesting question - I don't have an answer but would like to know if
 it is possible.

 Here are partial anwers:
 * SVG symbols and patterns can be put on a network share but have to be
 configured per user so that QGIS can find them.
 * spatial bookmarks, srs, projection and ellipsoid information reside
 in a qgis.db spatialite table in the users .qgis directory - you
 probably have to copy them per user
 * .qgis/symbology-ng-style.xml is a per-user definition of new
 symbology style definitions - you'd have to copy this file to each user

 I don't know where the WMS and postgis connections are stored.

 As more and more medium to large QGIS installations are installed, the
 QGIS devs need to think about central deployment of settings and
 resources, across several platforms.

 Anyone else who knows more about the issue?

 Andreas

 On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:02:18 +0100, Christian Braun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to have a preconfigured QGIS that users of our
> institution can install.
> They should be provided with a predefined set of WMS/WFS services and
> configured PostGIS access.
> Main OS that are used are Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) systems.
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Christian

> Dipl. Geogr. Christian Braun
> Tel: +352- 425991-608
> Mobil: +49-179-6845896
> Mail: christian.braun at tudor.lu
>
> Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies,
> Public Research Centre Henri Tudor,
> Technoport Schlassgoart,
> 66 rue de Luxembourg,
> P.O. BOX 144,