[Qgis-user] New raster provider: opening larger tiff files takes forever

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Mar 10 01:48:36 PST 2011

 Hi,

 Like others, I am experiencing severe problems with the new raster
 provider. The Geotiff already has pyramids. With the previous raster
 provider it opened in less than a second, in the new raster provider it
 takes forever (several minutes). There must be something wrong.

 In the console I see:

 ERROR 6: Attempt to call SetGeoTransform() on a read-only GeoTIFF file.
 0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...100 - done.

 and the progress message appears several times.

 To me it looks like the new raster provides does not recognize the
 existing gdal pyramids and tries to create new pyramids while opening
 the file?

 Am I doing somehting wrong?

 -

 I tested on Ubuntu 10.04 64bit, current trunk.

 Thanks,
 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A