[Qgis-user] Zooming on raster maps - Identify error

Dr. F. Patrick Graz fgraz at unam.na
Wed Mar 16 03:15:06 PDT 2011

Hi Folks,
I have been using QGis (1.5 & 1.6) to view GRASS raster layers, and ran into
the following snag.

When I zoom in to query the raster map (using Identify) I get the wrong
pixel value. I cross-checked the results in GRASS where the value is
correctly identified.

I had rasterised a grid of lines (2x2m pixels). The pixel values running in
the north-south direction seem to be detected ok. The ones running east-west
are not. I assumed that there is some vertical off-set but I have not been
able to detect anything consistent. I have also cross-checked with a raster
layer with larger pixels - and there things work fine.

Any guess as to what the issue might be?

Patrick
Dr. F. Patrick Graz
Snr. Researcher,
Multidisciplinary Research Centre,