[Qgis-user] QGIS mapserver performance

Ziegler Stefan Stefan.Ziegler at bd.so.ch
Sun Mar 20 06:44:24 PDT 2011

Hi

I have some questions concerning the performance of qgis mapserver: Using layers with a small amount of polygons I do not see a big difference between rendering the same layer straight from postgis and from local qgis mapserver installation. For a layer with some 400'000 polygons it takes approx. 4 seconds from qgis mapserver (even for large scales with only some polygons to render). But it only takes some fractions of a second when the layer is rendered straight from postgis (and growing with smaller scales -> more polyons).

Everything is running on a dual core laptop. So there should be no big download bottleneck. No special styles are applied to the layers (just a simple fill and an outline). Are there some requests in addition to "GetMap"? Or what's responsible for this big difference?

regards
Stefan

Mit freundlichem Gruss
Stefan Ziegler