[Qgis-user] Lost ecw support

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sun Mar 27 06:31:29 PDT 2011

I recently ran the OSGeo4W installer to get updates, and I find that ecw
is no longer recognized. I went to the ERDAS site and got the latest
(4.2 now) version of the SDK, and installed it. THen I copied all the
DLL's from the ERDAS\bin\vc90\win32 directory into \Windows \System32.
But no ECW.

In the Raster Menu, under About GDAL Tools it is says version 1.2.25,
asnd  GDAL 1.8.0.

In addition (maybe not related) when I run the OSGeo command window I
get an error:
"This application failed to start because libintl-8.dll was not found.
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"
Each attempt to run gdal commands (i.e. gdalinfo --formats) pops up this
same error window.
What am I missing??

Thanks,
Micha