[Qgis-user] OTB-Qgis plugin for GSOC

tisham at eleceng.adelaide.edu.au tisham at eleceng.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Mar 30 08:59:59 PDT 2011

Dear Qgis Users, Students and occasional developers,

There is currently an effort under way to allow raster reprojection in
Qgis akin to the vector reprojection capabilities. This is just the tip of
the iceberg in geospatial raster and vector data processing. Rich
libraries such as Ossim and OTB exist which implement a lot of advanced
processing, resampling, machine learning and statistical routines, grass
is already part of Qgis, but the functionality in OTB comes from ITK and
the medical image processing world. The OTB-Qgis plugin aims to expose all
this functionality to Qgis via streamed vector and raster layers.

I am available to mentor this project, I would like some expression of
interest from some co-mentors from the Qgis side and any student users
willing to delve into the internals of Qgis.

Cheers,

Tisham (whatnick)