[Qgis-user] QGIS + GRASS = Errors

vanhoesenj vanhoesenj at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:41:42 PDT 2011

Hi all -

I'm running QGIS 1.6.0 and GRASS 6.4.1 and I'm getting weird errors when
trying to run a few tools inside GRASS.  I've imported an ESRI grid into
GRASS without difficulty and can use some spatial analysis tools (slope,
aspect, etc) but when I try to run r.shaded.relief or r.mapcalculator, I get
the following warnings:

"Cannot start Module r.shaded.relief command:
C:/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-6.4.1/bin/r.shaded.relief.bat --interface--
description

My GRASS mapset is simple without spaces or long file names:
C:/Projects/Scratch with my location called Chile and my mapset is Class.
I've opened up r.shaded.relief.bat and it directs GRASS to the proper
location in the scripts folder.  I'm at my wits end trying to figure out why
some spatial modules work and others do not (for example, the solar modules
don't work either).

Any thoughts, suggestions, solutions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank
you in advance for your help and time!

cheers
John
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6332615/Error.jpg