[Qgis-user] road graph plugin: no starting point?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu May 5 01:28:17 PDT 2011

Hi Sergey,

Topological tolerance does not affect the binding point.
> Topological tolerance is a distance between two nodes layer as one node a
> graph.
>
> You need to set topology tolerance if you see message "Can't find path",
> but not "Start point no on the road".

I see. Now I understand better which values to set to make it work when it
complains "Can't find path".

How do you fix "Start point no on the road"? Is it always because of CRS
troubles (layer CRS doesn't equal project CRS)?

Is this confirmed? Why is it a pain? Can something be done for it?

With Sergey's new information, I was able to make it work for other CRS too.
The painful means that I sometimes still get "Start point no on the road".
I'm not completely sure yet what causes it. Another problem is that it gets
very slow for city-wide (Vienna in my case) road networks. But that's
because it has to build the topology I guess.

Best wishes,
Anita