[Qgis-user] Problem with creating georeferenced DXF file in QGis

Saber Razmjooei razmjooeis at faunalia.co.uk
Sun May 8 03:12:56 PDT 2011

Do you know the original coordinate system of your DXF.

If it has been prepared in AutoCAD, you need to open it there and  check
your UCS.

You can use "align" command in AutoCAD to scale and move the drawing to
the right place.

Some of the CAD drawings are drawn in local UCS....and don't care about
projection/real location...for them the earth always remains flat!

Saber