[Qgis-user] Georeferencer can't get points from map canvas in Mac OS X

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Sun May 8 13:23:22 PDT 2011

(this question has been referred here from the QGIS forums)

I've got QGIS 1.7.0 up and running on Mac OS X 10.6.7.

When I add a point using the georeferencer plugin, I click on the
"From map canvas" button to click on a point in my existing map.
However, something weird happens after I click that button:

(1) The georeferencer window would briefly minimise itself and reopen.
(2) The pick points dialog disappears without giving me a change to
pick a point on the map canvas.
(3) The georeferencer window would stop responding, and I have to close it.

Is this some sort of a bug? Right now I have to manually enter
coordinates to pick points, and it is rather annoying. Any ideas?
Thanks.