[Qgis-user] RE: polygon overlay

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 01:58:38 PDT 2011

Il 15/05/2011 21:30, sit ha scritto:

>* my problems in polygons overlapping is very important; I'm a botanist and I go in
*>* field to collect with a GPS a lot of polygons that have variations
on border; I speak
*>* of about 50-100 polygons for kmq in a semester; in the "stupid"
arcgis, it is very
*>* simple to paste the new polygons to the existing shape and then
(with a function
*>* called clip but in the editing mask of the same shape, not
beetween two files)
*>* placing them with the new border, avoiding overlapping.
*>* I'm tryng to convince my colleagues to use Q-Gis, but if this
simple operation is not
*>* possible, a lot of them will not use: no one can reshape by hand a
lot of polygons
*>* already collect with GPS or updated by some new administration!!
*

I understand you would load directly from GPS without any human action,
so starting from an empty dataset.
You load the first polygon, after loading the second polygon you like it
would be changed accordly to the first polygon,
after loading another polygon you like it would be changed accordly with the
first and the second polygons, and so on...

This could be work if the GPS is a really good differentially gps, and not a
simple hobbist GPS because it could change
the polygon due to man environmental situation (rain, fog, etc..) and could
be happened the third polygon is good meanwhile the first and the second are
not so quality good.

--
Andrea Peri