[Qgis-user] Building using Git for Macintosh Snow Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue May 17 12:14:45 PDT 2011

I have OSX git info in the INSTALL doc in the source, but of course you need to get the source from git...

Simple, no git needed:

Go to http://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS

Click the "Downloads" button.

Click the "Download .tar.gz" button in the dialog that pops up.

On May 17, 2011, at 12:56 PM, Jerry Bond wrote:

> You might want to take a look at Github (https://github.com/).
>
> Jerry
>
> On 05/17/2011 01:35 PM, Mars Sjoden wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I would like to learn how to use Git to build a version of QGIS that would maybe work for Macintosh.
>> There maybe a symbol changing fix to keep QGIS from crashing on symbol changes of layers.
>>
>> I have built QGIS from SVN on my Mac, no need to figure out Git and how to go about navigating and using it.
>>
>> I have downloaded Git
>>
>> Thank You!
>>
>> Mars

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect