[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Re: Mac Snow Leopard - QGIS Symbology

Mars Sjoden aurorageomatics at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:28:11 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Ramon Andinach <custard at westnet.com.au>wrote:

> Hi Mars,
>
> Just spent 5 mins or so playing with my mac install at home (which I'll
> update tonight, I'm still back at 15622M) .
>
> I'm getting these patterns:
> I can load saved styles fine.
> I can reclassify fine
> If I try to change an individual category's style, then instant crash - or
> near enough.
>
> Does that fit your pattern?
>
> -ramon.

Yes, That sounds accurate enough.

I have also found that changing only transparency will cause QGIS to crash
also.

Essentially I am finding that at some point, when I go to change a Layers
symbol, (line weight, colour, polygon fill, point symbol) QGIS will crash.
Sometimes it is on the first try, sometimes it takes 4-5 tries.

While I have found various work-a-rounds that reduce the chances of QGIS
crashing on a symbology change for a layer, I have not found any specific
way to make it reliable, eventually QGIS crashes.

I just tested on 1.8.0-Trunk (c7aed57)
Simply opening Layer Properties/Style (tab) and clicking Cancel/OK/Apply
will crash QGIS now.

mars