[Qgis-user] Re: local TMS in qgis

Jeff Ruby jgr007 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 05:31:20 PDT 2011

Maning,

I've been trying to do the same thing, with limited success.  QGIS
supports all gdal formats so you should be able to use to OGC WMS
format (http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms.html).  However, there was a bug
that prevented that format from reading local files correctly; it
could only access files from web servers.  I believe this bug has been
fixed in GDAL trunk, but I'm not positive.  At any rate, it's probably
not pushed out into any versions of GDAL that QGIS is using.

As a work around I tried using HFS (http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/), a
very simple file server, and adding my TMS cache to that, but I've run
into problems there too.  My TMS will display, but not correctly.  The
output of gdal_translate is also incorrect, so I suspect that it is an
issue with GDAL, but I'm not positive and I haven't had time to
thoroughly investigate.

This doesn't answer your question, but perhaps it will give you some
ideas to try.  Maybe you can figure it out and let me know what you
did. :)  I'm still working on this here and there when I get a chance.
 If I have any success I will post what I did.

Regards,
-Jeff