[Qgis-user] QGIS and database

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Nov 11 13:01:20 PST 2011

Hi,

See the QGIS "actions" facility.

We did something similar in that if the point feature contained a link to a photo image, the defined action ran a command to display that photo on screen. As long at you can either hard code or read from the data all the required parameters, you can probably make something work.

Given the underlying command line nature of Linux vs Windows, this functionality is likely to more powerful on a Linux system.

Cheers,

  Bent Wood