[Qgis-user] volume calculations in qgis

Saber Razmjooei razmjooeis at faunalia.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 11:01:29 PST 2011

I had this problem in the past. Unfortunately there are not many plugins
for raster analysis in QGIS and I usually I end up doing in in GRASS.
The command in GRASS for inspection your raster layers, using polygon
vectors:
http://grass.osgeo.org/gdp/html_grass64/v.what.rast.html

You need to run r.null to set the unwanted values to null (i.e. positive
or negative values).

Cheers
Saber