[Qgis-user] adding data to attribute table

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Sat Nov 19 17:52:58 PST 2011

On 17/11/2011, at 19:29 , David wrote:

> I did the following:
> 1) open shape file with polygons and toggle edit - OK
> 2) open attribute table - OK
> 3) open csv file with additional data - OK
> 4) use 'join' facility to connect the two sets of data - OK
> 5) close and reopen attribute table - join appears to have worked OK
> 6) select a polygon on the attribute table so it should show on the map - NOT OK.
>
> Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
>
> David Asquith, UK

You may not be.

I was going to say that some of my outline polygons have been behaving oddly, so that if your polygons where outlines you might not be hallucinating.
In fact, they're behaving much like this: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4537.

So some things to try.

Is your layer using the New Symbology? If not, try it.
Is the object that you're selecting landlocked (surrounded on all sides by neighbouring polygons)? If so, try one that isn't.

Does the selection work as expected if you select the polygon directly?

Other than that, not sure - but some of this might help.
-ramon.