[Qgis-user] how to cut a linestring with "split features" without get many linestrings

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Nov 21 01:20:36 PST 2011

On 2011-11-21 10:00, JC Notter wrote:
> I try to find a "good" solution for splitting a linestring in the middle
> and not to get many linestrings but only two.
> I've already asked this question and I have no answer.
> I think it's a bug because when the function "split feature" I used on a
> linestring with many crosses, the linestring is cut at each cross and
> also where it was choosen to cut it.
> Try with this example...

Tried and confirmed.

Indeed splitting this ONE (selfcrossing) line using the 'advanced
editing tools' / Split Features on ONE point results in 15 (!) parts??

@Giovanni: this should work isn't it? This has nothing to do with
topological editing?

I would say: please file a ticket, including your test file:

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues/new

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde