[Qgis-user] WMS-T printing issue

bernhard.stroebl at jena.de bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Oct 11 07:11:38 PDT 2011

Hi Frederick,

I have this combination: geoserver (2.0.2) with gwc and
1) QGIS 1.7.0 on WinXP
2) QGIS 1.7.1 on OpenSuse
I access the WMS server with tiled=true and get several tilesets to
choose from in QGIS. As you use CutePDF I assume you are on a Windows
platform.

Tests (MapComposer with only tiled WMS layer, A0):
1)a) FreePDF: printing takes forever; killed after 40 minutes
1)b) QGIS' pdf button, print as raster ticked: crashes QGIS
2)a) print in pdf: works
2)b) QGIS' pdf button, print as raster ticked: works

so problem confirmed for WinXP

To Giovanni's response:
QGIS 1.7 does not have the option named but the dev-branch (aka 1.8 in
OSGEO-Install) has
geoserver with gwc is not recognized as a tiled WMS when connecting to
it, so the "tilesets" tab stays greyed out, however if you append
tiled=true to the WMS-server's URL the tiles are offered. Maybe this is
different if you run tilecache on your WMS-server

best wishes

Bernhard Ströbl