[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.6 project causing 1.7 to crash

Purves Ross rmpurves at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 12 14:03:59 PDT 2011

Hi Marco,

Very many thanks for this! In fact, the suggestions that you and Nathan
collectively made have got me a fair bit further with the problem. I
manually removed all the raster layers from my v1.6 project xml since I had
a feeling that these might have been related to the issue - thankfully there
were only three. The project then loads and the individual vector layers get
listed in the layer window pane in v1.7. However, QGIS still crashes before
the actual map is rendered. I then tried again but first turned 'rendering'
off using the tick box in the bottom right hand corner of the main screen.
The project then loads without crashing and I can then switch off all the
layers before turning rendering back on. Finally, I selectively switch each
layer on until they are all available. Probably what I'll do is manually go
through and export each of them in term so that I can re-import the lot into
a fresh 1.7 project. Bit of a mission though!

Thanks again
Cheers
Ross

On 11 October 2011 16:46, Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch