[Qgis-user] Debian [Squeeze] packages for QGIS 1.7.1

Jerry Bond gbond at rochester.rr.com
Sun Oct 23 05:57:38 PDT 2011

On Sunday, October 23, 2011 4:22:42 am Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Jerry,

> Um, are you sure it wasn't a wheezy system?  That's the target of qgis on
> debian.gfoss.it.  Lenny and Squeeze are on http://qgis.org/debian - just
> not wheezy.
>

> Jürgen

Thanks for the response, Jürgen.  I am not sure which system you mean in your
question, sorry.

I started with this statement from Niccolo's post 4 days ago:

"On the same repository packages for Debian Squeeze are just for
QGIS 1.7, I'm sorry for that."

Since there is no 1.7 candidate in the Debian repos, just 1.4, according to
the Debian search engine, I switched my repo to debian.gfoss.it and tried to
install from there.  As I wrote earlier, that showed a unfulfillable
dependency, so I asked one of our packagers to take a look at it.  His
conclusion that you quoted was that 1.7 will build fine on Squeeze if that one
library is changed to the Squeeze version.

Niccolo has resonded that I might have pointed to the wrong repo, but I
conclude from my packager's finding and the dpkg result that that was not the
problem.  But I am merely an end user.

Our repackaging is now in our testing repository, as I posted yesterday, and
that installs without problem on Squeeze.  I am happy that QGIS 1.7 is now
easily available to MEPIS 11 users and anyone using Debian Stable, because it
is such a terrific application.

That's all I know...

Jerry