[Qgis-user] Debian [Squeeze] packages for QGIS 1.7.1

Backup Assistant gbond at rochester.rr.com
Sun Oct 23 15:28:45 PDT 2011

Ok, now I see the question. I had originally set the repo as specified on qgis.org for squeeze, but got no candidate for 1.7. I concluded there was some short term problem that would take care of itself so just waited. Then when I saw the recent announcement I tried switching and got close so pursued that route.

I now think the problem may have had to do with our pinning setup, but am still not sure.

"Jürgen E. Fischer" <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

Hi Jerry,

On Sun, 23. Oct 2011 at 08:57:38 -0400, Jerry Bond wrote:
> Thanks for the response, Jürgen. I am not sure which system you mean in your
> question, sorry.
>
> I started with this statement from Niccolo's post 4 days ago:
>
> "On the same repository packages for Debian Squeeze are just for
> QGIS 1.7, I'm sorry for that."
>
> Since there is no 1.7 candidate in the Debian repos, just 1.4, according to
> the Debian search engine, I switched my repo to debian.gfoss.it and tried to
> install from there.

My point was that there are Squeeze packages on qgis.org (see also [1]).
So I just wondered why you waited to a announcement for wheezy packages and
used those to make Squeeze packages.

Jürgen

[1] http://download.qgis.org

--
Jürgen E. Fischer norBIT GmbH Tel. +49-4931-918175-20
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rheinstraße 13 Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden