[Qgis-user] Creating Geological Maps

ves nikos vesnikos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:10:48 PDT 2011

On 10/16/2011 11:32 PM, Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:
> Second question is how can I "align" this png file with with an actual
> co-ordinate system. I have marked 4 points on my paper maps and lines
> between these points that represent the UTM grid on which I worked and I
> would need to at least roughly align this image with the UTM grid.
woo you did some old school job  - its really pain that stage, but after
the initial work the fun starts ;D

Now:
For that you need to georeference the rasters. having sheets (or
rasters) of data I've found the 'MapSheetAutoGenRef' plugin (3rd party
plugin) that supposedly auto georefs the rasters based on SHP files you
create along known grids.