[Qgis-user] urls / links as attribute values

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Oct 25 05:21:00 PDT 2011

Hi List,

we have a webservice which returns a shapefile with attributes.

one of the attribute values is a full url to some real time generated
report for every feature in the shape (one report for every feature).

I found it not so easy to select/copy/paste the link and open it in a
browser (after loading the shape in qgis)... Not from the attribute
window, nor via the getinfo tool (these are long complex url's).

Ideally it would be nice to be able to just click on those url's and
then let them open the report in a browser.

Is this possible, or has anybody a clever idea how to to that?

We can offcourse alway build a plugin for that :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde