[Qgis-user] WFS reader in 1.8.0 without BBOX selection

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Oct 26 05:29:15 PDT 2011

The WFS reader used to have a check box Only request features overlapping the
current view extent. In the current trunk version 1.8.0-Trunk revision "fecb0de"
does not have the check box. It would be essential to get it back. I have a
layer in my WFS with 1.2 million polygons and it is never reasonable to try to
read the whole layer.  BBOX is rather simple to use for limiting the query,
contrary to the Filter box that is new in the version 1.8.0.

There would be much more to improve with the WFS reader, for example:
- Read and show GetCapabilities
- Read and show DescribeFeatureInfo
- Implement use of maxFeatures
These should be rather simle to do. The following ones would mean more work and
probably change from plain http GET queries into use of http POST with at least
GetFeatures
- Implement attribute query wizard
- Implement spatial query wizard

This one would mean very much trouble with handling the Northing-Easting
coordinate order with all the different projections, but because of Inspire more
and more servers are supporting only this version.
- Add support for WSF 1.1.0

-Jukka Rahkonen-