[Qgis-user] OS X Lion - Experiences?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Oct 29 14:28:55 PDT 2011

On Oct 29, 2011, at 4:00 PM, Mars Sjoden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wondering what peoples experiences are using OS X Lion and QGIS (your version here) is, with respect to stability and issues if any at all.
>
> I have not had much luck on leopard and snow leopard, and am beginning to think there is some sort of hard ware issue with the particular iMacs and Macbook pros I am using.
>
> I have replaced RAM and Hard drives.
>
> Thanks for input!
>
> Cheers!
>
> Mars

What sort of problems are you having?  I don't think there is anything specific to a system version, it's more connected with what Qt version and type (carbon vs. cocoa).  Newer systems need Qt cocoa, definitely Lion does.

There are a few known issues, with bug reports and mentioned in my distribution readme (font selection, non-ascii chars in GRASS shell, max # open files).  A couple other recent issues I can think of: odd georeferencer window behavior, minimized globe plugin panel appears on top of upper-left corner toolbar.

Much of this probably has something to do with Qt cocoa.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin