[Qgis-user] Unable to integrate different datasets into a single map projection (EPSG: 3743)

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 12:18:04 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-30 at 19:14 +0000, Mohammed Qaiser wrote:
> Hi Giovanni,
> I did enable on the fly projection in the project properties box but
> it still didnt have the desired effect.

Hi,

then probably one of your layers has no explicit CRS and you need to
define it manually, as QGIS gives such layers the WGS84 CRS that may be
very well wrong. This behaviour of QGIS can be changed to your needs in
QGIS general options.

Is your boundary layer a shapefile? it has the .prj file?

cheers

-- Giovanni --