[Qgis-user] Toporama in QGIS in UTM

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 23:18:10 PDT 2011

Hi,
Would you be able to write-up a quick stepBYstep instructions on how
to get the toporamaWMS layer setup?
Thanks,
Sam

On 9/1/11, John Abraham <jabraham at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> Works with QGIS 1.7.0 on OSX. Thanks.
>
> The Canadian TOPO WMS is great because it's seamless and you can
> select/order the layers, but the content is not as good as the original
> geotiffs which can be downloaded ftp://ftp2.cits.nrcan.gc.ca/pub/toporama/
>
> --
> John
>

> On 2011-09-01, at 2:37 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>
>> On 09/01/2011 09:37 PM, John Abraham wrote:
>>> I've been able to load layers from Toporama WMS
>>> http://wms.ess-ws.nrcan.gc.ca/wms/toporama_en into Quantum, but only in
>>> WGS84.  If I try to load them in UTM11N nothing appears, the layers
>>> appear in the "layer" pane but nothing shows up on the screen.
>>>
>>> I change my project properties to the right UTM zone and tried both
>>> enabling and not enabling the "on the fly" CRS transformation, but it
>>> still shows up as blank.
>>>
>>> Can someone else try?  Any ideas?  QGIS 1.6.0 with GDAL/OGR 1.7.3 Mac OSX
>>> Snow Leopard.
>>
>> tried here qgis master (dev version_ on ubuntu).
>>
>> besides wgs84 also EPSG:2294 and EPSG:900913 are working (see
>> attachments)...
>>
>> (I took gif als image format...)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Duivenvoorde
>> <osm.png><qgis.png>
>
> --
> John Abraham
> jabraham at ucalgary.ca

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn