[Qgis-user] Poor performance on Toshiba Laptop

bernhard.stroebl at jena.de bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Sun Sep 4 23:44:09 PDT 2011

Dear Andrés,

I experienced bad performance only once when I had a layer (PostGIS in
that case) containing about 50000 polygons and one large polygon in
which almost all the others were islands. So any section of the map had
to draw this huge polygon.

Are you working with points, lines or polygons? In case of line/polygon:
Are there any really complex structures?
Two ideas that might enhance performance (just shots in the dark, though):
1) Use the data's CRS for the projekt (no on-the-fly projecting of
features needed)
2) Create a spatial index.

all the best

Bernhard