[Qgis-user] viewing PostGIS GEOGRAPHY data

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Sep 16 05:17:03 PDT 2011

Hi,

EPSG:4326 supports longitude in both 0-360 & +-180 spaces. Postgis supports both.

Try the function at:
http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5/ST_Shift_Longitude.html

If you are trying to do operations like point in polygon queries, then both points & polygons need to be in the same long space, as -179 is not = 181. This does not provide a complete solution, but does provide a solution for some dateline problems.

HTH,

  Brent Wood