[Qgis-user] RE: RPM install

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Sep 22 10:26:59 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 14:53 +0000, Michael Spencer wrote:
> Thanks Volker. It's particularly for Red Hat Enterprise, which isn't
> in the list.
>
> Any other takers?

Which version ? If you're using EL5.x then the elgis repo
( http://elgis.argeo.org/ ) has an rpm for QGIS 1.6.
Regarding EL 6.0, there should be rpms "soon" for QGIS 1.7 from either
EPEL or elgis. Furthermore, it's quite possible to grab the src rpm for
Fedora 13 (or later) and build an rpm on an EL6 system.