[Qgis-user] RE: [Qgis-community-team] Problem changing a shapefile's coordinates

giannis Nj netsagief at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 04:54:49 PDT 2011

Problem solved guys, than you all for the help.

From: netsagief at hotmail.com
To: alister.hood at synergine.com; qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:50:17 +0000
CC:
Subject: [Qgis-user] RE: [Qgis-community-team] Problem changing a	shapefile's coordinates

After reading all the answers and re-projecting to 4326 from the
 original .shp file (using save as..), i think that my problem is the
projection of my .tiff data, because all my files in WGS84 projects at
approximately the same coordinates (-92,35 as Brad said) but my raster
file of the same area is at (25,35), so if i want to project all files
at this CRS i have to "move" somehow my .tiff file at the above
coordinates (and not the opposite as i was trying so long), am i right
or wrong? Is there a way to change the coordinates that my tiff
projects? I tried "on the fly" and by specifying the 4326 CRS from the file's properties but that
doesn't changed anything, 25,35 remains.

Thanks all for the answers, I know i am a bit trouble!