[Qgis-user] Problems with Metatools

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 05:26:51 PDT 2011

Hi Agustin

2011/9/28 Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com>:
> 1. In Apply Templates/Data Type, clicking on Manage gives the following error:
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
Seems, this is PyQt bug, some bindings not available in old versions.
Can you provide your PyQt version? We'll look what we can do with this.

> 2. The 2 boxes in  Apply Templates (Extract Layer... and Generate
> previre...) must be clicked every time.
Added to the TODO. Will be implemented soon

> 3. When the Metadata of one geotif layer are created, the geographic
> box does not seem to have taken the CRS into account:
> Longitudes and Latitudes are given in UTM units. Not sure if the
> program should convert to Geographic WGS84 or keep
> the original CRS (or both), but in the last case the CRS should be
> displayed as well as the coordinates.
Currently Metatools write bbox "as is" without any CRS conversion.
Maybe we should add new setting, something like
"Convert bbox into WGS84".

> 4. Can the xls files be loaded as layers so that the user can explore
> whatever layers are available for a given region?
Not sure that understand you correctly. XLS files are MS Excel files and
AFAIK can't be loaded into QGIS. Maybe you mean XML (metadata) files?

Thanks for your feedback
--
Alexander Bruy