[Qgis-user] CROSS SECTION

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Wed Sep 28 12:09:23 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 11:16 -0700, Ing. Juan M. Bernales wrote:
> First of all sorry for my bad english.
> Is there a plugin or scrip to get a cross section from raster, given a
> line from shapefile?

The ProfileFromLine plugin works quite well for this, but it requires
the python library Shapely-1.2. On windows the OSGeo installer at this
point installs an older version of Shapely, so the plugin won't run. To
get it to work have a look at this thread for some tips:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Profile-Tool-td6745484.html

On Linux, you should be able to download the tarball, unpack it and run:
 python setup.py install
from inside the Shapely-1.2.x directory. And the Profile from Line
plugin will then install.