[Qgis-user] Re: File-based Mastermap

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Thu Sep 29 12:05:59 PDT 2011

I was considering suggesting SpatiaLite too but thougth I would just do a
litte test before suggesting it.

In Qgis 1.7 (win 7) loading and display of a shapefile with 600 000 features
took 18 seconds.

The same data converted to a SpatiaLite database took 30 seconds to load.

So I am in doubt whether SpatiaLite is the thing to go for?

Regards Morten