[Qgis-user] problems with GRASS plugin with QGIS on Fedora 16?

xavi at tarbz2.net xavi at tarbz2.net
Mon Apr 2 08:21:49 PDT 2012

Ok,

1.- I tested without plugins:

     $ qgis --noplugins

and it works perfectly.

2.- Then, I have removed the qgis-grass plugin rpm:

     # yum remove qgis-grass

and the package qgis-grass.x86_64 0:1.7.4-1.fc16   was removed.

Then I tested with the rest of plugins:

     xavi at chryse64:~$ qgis
     Warning: QNetworkDiskCache::expire() The cache directory is not set
     Python support ENABLED :-)
     Loaded : RasterCalc (package: rastercalc)
     Loaded : fTools (package: fTools)
     Loaded : GdalTools (package: GdalTools)
     Loaded : SEXTANTE (package: sextante)
     Loaded : Plugin Installer (package: plugin_installer)
     Loaded : OpenStreetMap plugin (package: osm)
     Loaded : MapServer Export (package: mapserver_export)

and it works perfectly.

3.- Then I have reinstalled the grass plugin qgis-grass.x86_64
0:1.7.4-1.fc16 :

     root at chryse64 xavi# yum install qgis-grass

ang then QGIS crashed when I tried to start:

     xavi at chryse64:~$ qgis
     Warning: QNetworkDiskCache::expire() The cache directory is not set
     Python support ENABLED :-)
     terminate called after throwing an instance of 'QgsGrass::Exception'
  what():  Incompatible library version for module. You need to rebuild
GRASS or untangle multiple installations.

I tested with Fedora 16 x 64. The version of GRASS I have, is:

xavi at chryse64:~$ yum info grass
Connectors carregats: fastestmirror, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit,
                    : tidy-cache
 * fedora: mirror.uv.es
 * rpmfusion-free: mirror.de.leaseweb.net
 * rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.de.leaseweb.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.de.leaseweb.net
 * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.de.leaseweb.net
 * updates: mirror.uv.es
Paquets instal·lats
Name        : grass
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 6.4.2
Release     : 2.fc16
Size        : 45 M
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : updates
Summary     : GRASS - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
URL         : http://grass.fbk.eu
License     : GPLv2+
Descripció  : GRASS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System) is a
            : Geographic Information System (GIS) used for geospatial data
            : management and analysis, image processing, graphics/maps
            : production, spatial modeling, and visualization. GRASS is
            : currently used in academic and commercial settings around the
            : world, as well as by many governmental agencies and
            : environmental consulting companies.