[Qgis-user] gpsd, howto?

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Tue Apr 3 06:02:42 PDT 2012

Well, I found that the gpsd-problem is comming from this issue:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4050

The workaround that Joseph Wolf is giving in the comments is working:
gpspipe -r | nc -l 5555

But as I said I am using fairly new trunk versions and the patch should
have been applied 9 months ago. I will take a look later if I really
have compiled from the patched version, but if so, there is still a
problem about raw -> NMEA conversion.

Or can there be anything else healthy that gpspipe is applying to the
signal?

/Nicklas