[Qgis-user] Find a feature in Quantum GIS

Vinesh Govind Vinesh.Govind at hounslow.gov.uk
Thu Apr 5 01:02:52 PDT 2012

Hello All

How can I quickly find a map feature in Quantum GIS?
In MapInfo Professional there is a "find feature" facility that allows you to very quickly zoom to an area of a map. For example, if I had a roads layer and wanted to go to a specific street, rather than having to write a SQL query, I could use the Find function, specify which table I want to find a feature for, which column name to search on and what type of symbol marker to show on the map once I have found the feature....like this:
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CD130A.E1A2B570]
[cid:image004.jpg at 01CD130A.E1A2B570]

Is there anything like this in Quantum GIS?

I am running version 1.7.

Thanks.

Vinesh

Hounslow Council routinely monitors the content of e-mails sent and received via its network for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures. The contents of this message are for the attention and use of the intended addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to them, you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any way. To do so may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately. Where opinions are expressed they are not necessarily those of the
London Borough of Hounslow.

This email has been scanned for viruses and inappropriate content.