[Qgis-user] Re: Closure of forum

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 04:00:25 PDT 2012

I'm not overly keen on creating our own Q&A site just yet unless we can
start to see problems with gis.stackexchange.com.  I like
gis.stackexchange.com because

   1. It's already well know
   2. Has a good range of questions already
   3. Access to professionals in other areas (QGIS + PostGIS)
   4. Move coverage for QGIS on the Internet.
   5. A growing user base

Starting our own would mean reinventing the wheel for all of the above,
plus dealing with spam, moderating etc.

- Nathan