[Qgis-user] Re: qgis and big raster catalogs

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Mon Apr 9 05:34:57 PDT 2012

Hi Duarte,

> Yes, the part to automate the task can be made into a plugin fairly easy.
> But not the 2 hicups where qgis stumbles - hanging when opening a large vrt
> because statistics are missing, and hanging when opening properties of a vrt
> already loaded in

yes, there are issues with stats of large rasters and also other issues
regarding the same "department". I hope I will be able to show some
example during the next developer meeting, where we will also need to
test the new resampling branch from Marco and the changes to the GUI
(regarding rasters) made by Alexander in a branch of his own.

cheers

-- Giovanni --