[Qgis-user] Re: QGis slope calculation in Photoshop

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 05:18:22 PDT 2012

Using the print composer is a bit cumbersome, but does not need to be
imprecise. See this short explanation how you can use it to export
georeferenced images:
http://pvanb.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/create-wld-file-for-map-image/.
The other way to do this is
http://underdark.wordpress.com/2010/11/30/creating-high-resolution-images-using-qgis/.
On my computer, the second way tends to be more problematic for larger
images.

Another option is to use GRASS (GRASS toolbox) to calculate slope, and
for export of the layer as (georeferenced) png or tiff.

Yet another option, which I didn't try, is to convert the geotiff to a
normal tiff with world file using gdal; see
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2006-May/008929.html