[Qgis-user] Qgis nightly-build has problems with WMS 1.30

TomGunzelmann Tom.Gunzelmann at t-online.de
Sat Apr 14 03:57:55 PDT 2012

Hello list,

I'm using QGIS nightly-build on debian sid (and sometimes I'm forced to use
it on Windows).

QGIS-Version
1.9.90-Alpha
QGIS-Codeversion
exported
Kompiliert gegen Qt
4.7.4
Laufendes Qt
4.7.4
GDAL/OGR-Version
1.7.3
GEOS-Version
3.3.1
PostgreSQL-Client-Version
9.1.3
SpatiaLite-Version
3.1.0-RC2
QWT-Version
6.0.0-svn

I tried to build up a Qgis-Server too and that has driven me nearly crazy.
All seemed to go well, it seems to be not really complicated, because there
are some good tutorials out there.

I could connect to my own WMS, I could load it, but there was no image in
the map window. All my attempts were in vain, so I gave up.

Some times later I tried to load some Open WMS from the Bavarian land
surveying office (Topographical Maps) in my version of QGIS, that used to
work in older versions of QGIS and even in 1.74.

The adress is http://www.geodaten.bayern.de/ogc/getogc.cgi

They didn't work in QGIS 1.9.90 too, same thing in Windows nightly-build.

By default these WMS are delivered in Version 1.30 and that seems to be so
for my own QGIS-Server.

So when I force them in WMS 1.1.1

http://www.geodaten.bayern.de/ogc/getogc.cgi?VERSION=1.1.1

they came up without failure.

And even better, my own WMS is working too.

But I think QGIS 1.9.90 should recognize WMS 1.30. Or did I something
fundamentally wrong or did I miss a certain configuration?

Regards
Tom