[Qgis-user] points not showing on map using fedora16/qgis1.4

ashley strutt galeforce1745 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 08:58:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am using fedora 16 with qgis 1.4 which I installed earlier today and have
my map but when I go to add shp files showing the location of monuments
nothing shows, when I check the attribute tables there is nothing there. I
know there should be and that these files should not be causing this
because they are the same files which produced the same project on ubuntu.

Also when I try re-adding the files, I get that the layer already exists
which it doesn't because it is not showing in the left column.

Any ideas would be welcome, I'm trying to reproduce the map so that I can
save it on to CD to include it in my dissertation and I am unable to use
the original because the old laptop has no CD writer.

Thanks

Ashley Strutt