[Qgis-user] best way to change srs definitions

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Tue Apr 17 11:06:54 PDT 2012

That's 2 problems when you need to distribute qgis in an organization:

1) you have to configure each machine per profile, not just once per machine (copy the file to every user's .qgis)
2) you have different non-standard srsid's

I am thinking on editing the srs.db in qgis/resources, and distributing qgis via a zip file... users won't be able to update qgis unless I update the zip file and they decompress over the original installation.

What do you think?