[Qgis-user] Accessing QGIS's log of errors? Issues with a WMS provider with QGIS 1.7.4 on MacOS X

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Wed Apr 18 06:10:34 PDT 2012

Hi list!

I'm getting an error message when trying to display a WMS layer from a
specific provider with QGIS 1.7.4 on MacOS X. The GetCapabilities works
fine but when adding a layer, I get a cryptic short error message with
"PNG???" or "JPEG???".

My question: is there any way I can access QGIS verbose error logs?

I'd like to understand (and thus fix) what's wrong. I suspect it's our
WMS server that is not behaving correctly, but it does work with several
other software such as OpenLayers, ArcGIS, MapInfo, etc. So far, only
QGIS on MacOS X fails (it appears to work fine on QGIS on Windows) to
load WMS layers from this server (other WMS servers appear to work fine
in the MacOS X version of QGIS).

For those curious to test, here's the WMS server:
http://wms.weatheroffice.gc.ca/geomet/?service=WMS&request=getCapabilities

It's on WeatherOffice, one of the most visited websites in Canada (don't
we all like to know how to dress in the morning ;-) and I'd like to
direct users of our WMS to QGIS in the official documentation, but I
first need QGIS to work fine with our WMS server!

Thanks for any feedback -

Alex - Slashgeo.org
--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., ing.