[Qgis-user] WebClient: Timeout wating for Output

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Apr 18 07:14:11 PDT 2012

Hi Bernhard

There is a fcgi timeout (usually around 40 seconds per default) that you
can increase in the configuration. The variable in fcgid.conf is called
FcgidIOTimeout.
Note that there are other useful settings for performance. As QGIS
server maintains a set of caches (also for the capabilities response),
it is possible to tell the fcgi module to keep a number of server
processes after termination (FcgidMinProcessesPerClass). Like that, you
can make sure there is always enough waiting server processes (with
filled caches) available.

I added those informations to the QGIS server wiki tutorial
(http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/QGIS_Server_Tutorial).

Regards,
Marco