[Qgis-user] Re: Georeferencer not loading

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Wed Apr 25 01:27:20 PDT 2012

Hi

I have sometimes experienced the same - nothing seems to happen when I
select the georeferencer.

But the fact is that something happens, but the opened Georeferencer window
is hidden somewhere.

One case is if I have used two displays and put Qgis on the one and the
Georeferencer window on the other. If I close Qgis from there and later
opens Qgis using only one display, then the Georeferencer window will
sometimes seems to be missing (but it is as a matter of fact shown on a non
existing second display) - this is a Windows issue and not Qgis.

The best solution is to start Qgis using two displays and move the
Georeferenser window to your main screen before closing Qgis down.

If that is no possible then try using the combination of the ALT+Space keys.
This opens a small window menu with the possibilities to Move (used the
arrow keys after this selection), Restore or Maximize windows - I think I
have sometimes used this as a solution to get it back on my main display.

Hope this can help...

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.7.4 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit