[Qgis-user] QGIS on Mint - my experience

Kerick Leite kerick.quimica at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 16:01:48 PDT 2012

Hi Agus,

Past year I used the Ubuntu based version of Linux Mint, with Gnome, and
QGIS worked just fine with it. The package is included in the repositories,
but the default version is a bit outdated (version 1.4, I think). But to
get a more recent version, you need just add the repositories indicated for
the correspondent version of Ubuntu, in the project page.

As I prefer KDE to Gnome, later I changed to OpenSUSE, but then had
problems installing QGIS. Today I'm using Kubuntu 11.10.

Regards,
Kerick