[Qgis-user] Problems with local characters in version 1.8.0

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Wed Aug 1 02:10:38 PDT 2012

I usually create (and read) shape files using the "System" encoding which in
my case is: da_DK (which should be equal to ISO-8859-15 as far as I know).

Thís has been working fine in earlier versions of Qgis but in version 1.8.0
this is not the case:

1) I create a shp with national characters (labels are shown in red on top
of a WMS map) - every thing works fine:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4992339/1_Created_shp_with_national_characters.png

2) I do something to the shp (in this case making a new shape with buffers)
- now the national characters in the new shp are corrupted (blue labels on
map):
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4992339/2_Made_a_buffer.png

3) Saving the project, closing and reopening it - everything is now fine:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4992339/3_Reopened_the_project.png

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit