[Qgis-user] Google earth kml file not opening in Qgis

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 03:37:44 PDT 2012

I agree. I think having mixed geometries per layer can make things a
hell of a lot harder and I would rather have a single geom type per
layer.  I used to use MapInfo and it can store different geom types in
one layer, this makes it hard to style (more of a limitation of
MapInfo I admit), hard to work with from a programming point of view
(you now have to check the geom type each time because it might have
changed), and just a pain to manage.  It makes sense to keep things
apart.

Like the GPX import, QGIS should handle multi geom layers better by
just splitting it out into many layers.

- Nathan